Saturday, June 30, 2012

objects in the rear-view mirror

I have never learned to drive a manual car. This is because I cannot focus on two things at once. I am either steering the car and taking care to stay on the road and not hit anything, or I am changing gears. I cannot be doing both. And now I find that more than two decades after getting my driver's licence, my brain has not progressed one inch. In fact it may even have crawled back a centimetre or two. I went to a workshop today on the use of Photoshop and Illustrator in blogs. I love my blog and I wanted it to look prettier, to get people's attention and maybe even, one day, to make me some money. But it turns out I cannot be creative and functional at the same time. The technology is beyond me. Sometimes I wonder if it's not all beyond me. Or behind me.

No comments: